Superintendent: Sandra Allen and Saundra Sanders
Poultry must be registered no later than July 28, 2020. You may obtain an entry form on our website http://www.thejohnsoncountyfair.org or at the extension office.
Check in for all poultry will be Tuesday, August 18, 2020 from noon to 6:30 p.m. and are required to stay until Sunday, August 23, 2020 unless approved by the superintendent in charge, except pullets auctioned on Saturday.
- Birds must be shown by the bona fide owner.
- Youth Eligibility: This division is limited to students who are bona fide members of an Arkansas 4-H Club or FFA Chapter in good standing. Youth Exhibitors may exhibit in this show no later than the fall after graduating from high school.Eligibility for Open Show: Exhibitors eligible for this show are only those that cannot show in their respective age groups in the 4-H and FFA.
- Chickens will be judged on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. Exhibitors do not have to be present during judging.
- All exhibitors must comply with these rules as well as the exhibitor and general livestock rules as listed in this catalog.
- Cock (male bird over one year old)
- Hen (female bird over one year old)
- Cockerel (male bird under one year old)
- Pullet (female bird under one year old)
- Old Trio (cock and 2 hens over one year old)
- Young Trio (cockerel and two pullets under one year old)
- Other Fowl (ducks, turkeys, geese, quail, pheasants, pigeons) Entry Form
- Premiums will be awarded by the Johnson County Fair Association and ribbons will be awarded.
- Youth and Open Poultry BEST IN SHOW and a RESERVE BEST IN SHOW will be awarded.
- Youth and Open Poultry are NOT eligible for Premium Auction.