Superintendent: Sandra Allen and Saundra Sanders
Poultry must be registered no later than July 21, 2017. You may obtain an entry form below or at the extension office.
A technician will be available to test eligible birds on Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 7:00 – 10:00 a.m. at the Johnson County Fairgrounds in the Poultry barn. All birds including 4-H Poultry Chain and Rainbow Flock must be tested.
This will be the ONLY time that the poultry will be tested, there will be NO testing at check in. There will be a $1/bird charge for testing which will be taken out of the exhibitor’s premium money.
Check in for all poultry will be Tuesday, August 22, 2017 from noon to 8:00 p.m. and are required to stay until Sunday, August 27, 2017 unless approved by the superintendent in charge, except pullets auctioned on Saturday.
- Birds must be shown by the bona fide owner.
- Exhibitors may enter only one in each class.
- Youth Eligibility: This division is limited to students who are bona fide members of an Arkansas 4-H Club or FFA Chapter in good standing. Youth Exhibitors may exhibit in this show no later than the fall after graduating from high school.
Eligibility for Open Show: Exhibitors eligible for this show are only those that cannot show in their respective age groups in 4-H and FFA.
- Chickens will be judged on Wednesday, August 23, 2017. Exhibitors do not have to be present during judging.
- All exhibitors must comply with these rules as well as the exhibitor and general livestock rules as listed on this website.
- Cock (male bird over one year old)
- Hen (female bird over one year old)
- Cockerel (male bird under one year old)
- Pullet (female bird under one year old)
- Old Trio (cock and 2 hens over one year old)
- Young Trio (cockerel and two pullets under one year old)
- Pen of three pullets (under one year old)
- Other Fowl (ducks, turkeys, geese, quail, pheasants, pigeons)
- Premiums will be awarded by the Johnson County Fair Association and ribbons will be awarded.
- Youth and Open Poultry Best in Show and a Reserve Best in Show will be awarded.
- Youth and Open Poultry are NOT eligible for the Premium Auction.