Superintendent: Bonnie Ahrens
4-H or FFA Members Only
- At weigh in Market Goats must have all of their baby teeth or they will be disqualified and released from the fairgrounds.
- At weigh in Market Goats must weigh a minimum of 40 lbs. and not exceed 150 lbs.
- Market Goats may be male or female, male goats must be castrated.
- Female Goats that show in the Market Goat Class are ineligible to show in the Boer Goat Show or the Dairy Goat Show.
- Market Goats may be de-horned or horned; All Goats with horns must have their horns tipped, NO SHARP POINTS.
- All Market Goats must be freshly shorn or clipped. Hair should me no more than 3/8 inch long on the entire body above the knees and hocks. Clipping of heads and tails is left to the exhibitor’s discretion.
- Bracing of Market Goats is at the judge’s discretion.
- Classes for Market Goats are determined after the weigh in of all goats and will be divided as evenly as possible by number of entries at fair time.
- Weight Classes – Ribbons
- Grand and Reserve Champion – Rosette & Sponsored Prize