4-H or FFA Members Only
The Goal of the Commercial Dairy Doe Show is to give interested Johnson County 4-H and FFA Youth Exhibitors an opportunity to showcase quality dairy goats without the cost involved in joining a Purebred Registry. Learning to manage dairy goats will give young people an opportunity to meet a growing market niche, as this alternative milk source is highly sought after for drinking, making cheeses, and making soaps.
Commercial Dairy Does are Purebred and Crossbred Goats that are of such high quality they are kept by the owner and used for breeding and milking in their herd. They must exhibit the primary traits associated with dairy goat breeds such as: Alpine, LaMancha, Nigerian Dwarf, Nubian, Oberhasli, Saanen, Sable, and Toggenburg.
- Goats are subject to inspection by show officials.
- Goats must not be registered with any breed association.
- Goats with horns must have them tipped, no sharp points.
- Goats will be shown well groomed with hair trimmed in a neat manner but not shorn or clipped close to the body.
- If more than ten (10) Goats enter the show the entries will be sorted as evenly as possible into classes.
- Commercial Dairy Does Under 1 year of age
- Commercial Dairy Does Over 1 year of age
- Classes – Ribbons
- Grand and Reserve Champion – Rosette and Sponsored Prize