Superintendent: Herman Ahrens
4-H & FFA Members Only
- Show is open to barrows and gilts.
- All current health standards must be met.
- Minimum weight 160 lbs.
- Maximum weight 300 lbs. (Note: State Fair weights are 220 to 280 lbs.)
- Classes for Market Hogs are determined after the weigh in of all eligible hogs and will be divided as evenly as possible by number of entries at fair time.
- All Female Market Hogs are allowed to enter the Commercial Gilt Class with the stipulation that those which are shown in both classes will earn premium points for ONLY the Market Class and receive NO premium points for the Commercial Gilt Class.
- Market hogs must meet the characteristics of body shape that are typical of commercial swine. Hogs exhibiting feral or boar characteristics are not eligible for the market hog class.
- Weight Classes – Ribbons
- Grand and Reserve Champion Rosette and Sponsored Prize