General Rules & Regulations:
PAGEANT CONTESTANT AGE GROUPS:
- Fair Queen – Must be at least 17 years of age and not more than 21 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair..
- Fair Teen Miss – Must be at least 13 years of age and not more than 16 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair..
- Fair Preteen – Must be at least 10 years of age and not more than 12 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair..
- Fair Princess – Must be at least 7 years of age and not more than 9 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- Fair Cowboy – Must be at least 7 years of age and not more than 9 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- Petite Miss – Must be at least 4 years of age and not more than 6 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- Junior Cowboy – Must be at least 4 years of age and not more than 6 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- Little Miss – Must be at least 18 months of age and not more than 3 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- PeeWee Cowboy – Must be at least 18 months of age and not more than 3 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- Teeny Miss – Must not be any older than 18 months by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- A contestant must have been born a female (except Mr. contest) and a legal resident of Arkansas. She cannot be, or at any time have been, married, pregnant, or have had a child (expect Ms. contest). A contestant must not have ever been convicted of any crime or have charges pending.
- All winners are expected to be at the 2023 Johnson County Fair, to pass on titles to new winners. Failure to do so will result in relinquishing title and prizes.
- Past fair pageant winners, are not eligible to compete in the same category in which they won.
- A contestant can only compete in one county fair pageant contest sanctioned by the County Fair that is held in the county where she resides or attends school (academic, not dance, etc.).
- Contestants are required to be on time for all rehearsals and events. Absent or tardy contestants may be disqualified at the discretion of the county director. If you are unable to attend or be on time, due to an emergency, contact the director Allyson Jackson at (479) 774-5763. Immediately.
- Entry forms must be completely filled out, and signed by each of the following: (1) contestant (2) contestant’s parent or legal guardian. Since each judge will receive a copy of all entry forms, it is to the advantage of each contestant for her/him to type or print in ink, and pay close attention to such things as spelling, grammar, vocabulary, etc.
- No entry form will be accepted after 5:00 p.m. Unless in the event that there is less than 3 contestants in one category, then the deadline for that category will be extended. After that no matter the number of contestants the pageant will be held. Entry forms can be found online, emailed, mailed, or hand delivered. The Johnson County Fair is not responsible for entry forms lost or delayed in transit by any shipping method.
- Please send your entry form in as soon as possible. First entry in will be the last out on stage.
- The dressing area for the pageants, will be located behind the fair main stage. A chaperon is allowed back stage for “10 minutes” for each wardrobe change.
- The reigning Fair Pageant winners must conduct themselves properly at all times. Inappropriate behavior bringing unfavorable publicity to herself and/or the Johnson County Fair may result in the winner relinquishing their title and all prizes.
- Any display of poor sportsmanship and/or unbecoming conduct, any interference and/or disturbance, or any other behavioral problem created by a contestant, parent, relative, or even a supporter of a contestant could result in disqualification of the contestant not only from this year’s competition but also from future participation.
- THE COUNTY DIRECTOR AND/OR COUNTY FAIR MANAGEMENT OF THE JOHNSON COUNTY FAIR PAGEANTS RESERVES THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO INTERPRET THESE RULES AND ARBITRARILY SETTLE AND DETERMINE ALL MATTERS, QUESTIONS AND DIFFERENCES IN REGARD THERETO, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH, OR INCIDENT TO THE CONTEST, AND THE RIGHT TO AMEND OR ADD TO THESE RULES AS THEIR JUDGMENT MAY DETERMINE. ANY CONTESTANT THAT FAILS TO ABIDE BY THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Entry forms are due: August 11, 2022.
- Contestants may obtain entry forms online, in person, and/or ask questions by contacting the pageant director Allyson Jackson, by phone (479) 774-5763.
- Completed forms can be returned by: Mail or drop-off to Allyson Jackson – Pageant Director or the Chamber of Commerce in Clarksville.