Superintendent: Terry Cromer
4-H & FFA Members Only
- Exhibitors must comply with all Exhibitor, Livestock and Cattle Rules as applicable.
- All Market Steers must be registered with the County Extension Office by June 11, 2021.
- Animals must be castrated steers of beef breeding and either polled or dehorned. No horned steers, stags, or bulls will be allowed to show in this division.
- Steers are subject to inspection by show officials and must have all their baby teeth present at the official weigh in. No exceptions.
- Steers are to be shown with a halter, broke to lead and presented in the best manner possible.
- Market animals must attend one of the JCF market animal weigh-ins at the beginning of the summer.
- Market animals must have JCF ear tag. If ear tag is lost, exhibitors must notify the Livestock Superintendent to receive a replacement tag. Animals must have JCF ear tag to show.
Market Steer Weight Classes
Minimum weight for steers is 550 pounds.
Class 1 Feeder Steers – 550- 700 lbs
Class 2 Prospect Steers – 701-850 lbs
Class 3 Market Steer – 851-1000 lbs
Class 4 Middle Weight Market Steers – 1001-1150 lbs
Class 5 Heavy Weight Market Steers – 1151 and up
- Weight Classes – Ribbons
- Grand and Reserve Champion Rosette and Sponsored Prize