Must be at least 5 years of age and not more than 6 years of age by the opening day of the Johnson County Fair.
- A contestant must have been born a female (expect Mr. contest) and a legal resident of Arkansas. She cannot be, or at any time have been, married, pregnant, or have had a child (expect Ms. contest). A contestant must not have ever been convicted of any crime or have charges pending.
- Past Fair pageant winners, are not eligible to compete in the same category in which they won.
- A contestant can only compete in one county fair pageant contest sanctioned by the County Fair that is held in the county where she resides or attends school (academic, not dance, etc.).
- Contestants are required to be on time for all rehearsals and events. Absent or tardy contestants may be disqualified at the discretion of the county director. If you are unable to attend or be on time, due to an emergency, contact the director at (479) 774-5252. Immediately.
- Entry forms must be completely filled out, and signed by each of the following, (1) contestant (2) contestant’s parent or legal guardian. Since each judge will receive a copy of all entry forms, it is to the advantage of each contestant for her/him to type or print in ink, and pay close attention to such things as spelling, grammar, vocabulary, etc.
- No entry form will be accepted after 5:00 p.m. Unless in the event that there is less than 3 contestants in one category, then the dead line for that category will be extended. After that no matter the number of contestants the pageant will be held. Entry forms can be emailed, mailed, or hand delivered. The Johnson County Fair is not responsible for entry forms lost or delayed in transit by any shipping method.
- Please send your entry form in as soon as possible. First entry in will be the last out on stage.
- The dressing area for the pageants, will be located behind the fair main stage. A chaperone is allowed back stage for “10 minutes” for each wardrobe change.
- The reigning Fair Pageant winners must conduct themselves properly at all times. Inappropriate behavior bringing unfavorable publicity to herself and/or the Johnson County Fair may result in the winner relinquishing their title and all prizes.
- Any display of poor sportsmanship and/or unbecoming conduct, any interference and/or disturbance, or any other behavioral problem created by a contestant, parent, relative, or even a supporter of a contestant could result in disqualification of the contestant not only from this year’s competition but also from future participation.
- All winners are expected to be at the 2020 Johnson County Fair, to past on titles to new winners. Failure to do so will result in relinquishing title and prizes.
- THE COUNTY DIRECTOR AND/OR STATE FAIR MANAGEMENT OF THE ARKANSAS STATE FAIR PAGEANTS RESERVES THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO INTERPRET THESE RULES AND ARBITRARILY SETTLE AND DETERMINE ALL MATTERS, QUESTIONS AND DIFFERENCES IN REGARD THERETO, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH, OR INCIDENT TO THE CONTEST, AND THE RIGHT TO AMEND OR ADD TO THIS RULES AS THEIR JUDGMENT MAY DETERMINE. ANY CONTESTANT THAT FAILS TO ABIDE BY THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Fair Attire – Something you would wear to the Johnson County Fair! Jeans, shorts, capris, school dress, boots, sandals, cowboy hats, etc.